There are many different sizes, shapes, and styles of toothbrushes to choose from, so how do you know which one is right for you? Keep reading to learn more about the different features of toothbrushes and which one may be best for you.
- Soft-bristled toothbrushes are recommended for almost everyone and are good at removing plaque and other debris from teeth. Medium and hard bristles should only be used if recommended by your dentist.
- Toothbrushes with small heads are preferred and can reach all areas of your mouth including the back teeth which can be hard to reach.
- Choose the type of toothbrush handle, bristle style, and shape of the brush’s head you prefer since one is not any better than the other but is a matter of personal preference.
- Conventional and diamond-shaped heads will both do the job adequately.
- Bristle styles include wavy, tapered, crisscross, and polishing cup bristles.
- Choose the type of handle that works best for you including straight, flexible, no-slip grip, and contra-angle.
- Electric toothbrushes often clean teeth better and are a good option for those who may have difficulty brushing. These can be plugged in and charged or battery powered.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or once it starts to show wear, whichever comes first.
- You should also replace your toothbrush after you’ve been sick with a cold.
- Don’t give your kids an adult toothbrush as there are special brushes for both children and babies.
Brushing your teeth should be done in conjunction with professional teeth cleanings from an experienced dentist such as those at Tribeca Dental Studio. Our team can recommend a toothbrush that will be sure to clean your teeth effectively and create a custom dental treatment plan to get you that smile you’ve always wanted. Schedule an appointment today by calling 212-561-5303.