What’s great about a root canal? It can save an otherwise doomed tooth and put a stop to your pain, all with one relatively quick procedure. If you need a root canal in NYC, Tribeca Dental Studio can help. Most dentists will need to refer you to an endodontist, but our on-staff board-certified endodontist can see you right here in our office.
Why Do I Need a Root Canal?
Root canal treatment is recommended for teeth with advanced decay. In particular, we’re talking about decay that has reached the vulnerable inner pulp of the tooth, making extraction a very real possibility.
You may have heard a horror story or seen friends shudder at the mere mention of a root canal. They’re really not so bad, and it’s a straightforward procedure. Our endodontist performs many each week at Tribeca Dental Studio.
When we look at dental procedures in terms of what they can prevent, we typically see a much rosier picture. Getting the root canal you need can stop or prevent:
- Further decay
- Implant and crown
- Bone loss
What is a Root Canal?
A root canal is in some ways similar to a filling. Here’s how the procedure goes:
- Once you’re completely numbed with local anesthesia, the endodontist begins by drilling as we would to fill a regular cavity.
- Going beyond the crown of the tooth, the endodontist accesses the tooth’s pulp chamber and root canals to clean them thoroughly, removing decay and bacteria.
- The next step is to replace the pulp with a safe, biocompatible substance.
- Finally, we seal the tooth and place a dental restoration, typically a crown. This final touch restores the tooth’s natural shape and function.
The whole procedure takes 90 minutes or less. Tribeca Dental Studio ensures precision in endodontic therapy by providing the latest magnification technology with Zumax® endodontic microscope.
Does a Root Canal Hurt?
Root canals sure do have a terrible reputation. The truth is, they’re not as bad as they’re made out to be for several reasons:
- We will of course provide local anesthesia. You will not feel pain while the endodontist is working.
- We also offer sedation for patients who want it.
- If you’ve been experiencing a toothache, a root canal represents the end of that pain.
- Soreness after a root canal procedure can be easily managed with over-the-counter or prescription pain medications.
Overall, you won’t experience very much, or any, pain associated with your root canal. We’ve got it down to a science!
Root Canals in NYC Without a Referral
Our on-staff endodontist can perform your root canal right here in our office. No referrals needed. If you think you may need a root canal in NYC, book an appointment with Tribeca Dental Studio today!