At Tribeca Dental Studio, the front line of treatment is prevention. While we’re here to handle virtually any dental needs you may have, our goal is for you to have as few of those needs as possible. To keep cavities and other dental problems at bay, every person should receive an in-depth oral examination and cleaning at least once every six months. Come see us for your dental cleanings and dental exams in NYC!
Why Are Dental Exams Important?
The importance of cleanings and exams comes down to two primary matters: prevention and monitoring.
- Prevention: Your regular exams can really help you avoid trouble. If we catch a cavity early enough, for example, it may just require a tiny filling. Let that same cavity go for another six months or year and it could be a root canal.
- Monitoring: This goes hand-in-hand with prevention. It’s not only about catching cavities early. We also check for more serious health concerns, including a full oral cancer screening as part of your exam. Knowing that your mouth is healthy feels so much better than wondering.
What Happens During a Dental Exam and Cleaning at Tribeca Dental Studio?
During routine checkups, our knowledgeable doctors and staff members will take a close look at each individual tooth, the gum tissue, the bite, the jaw, and current restorative work. We want to determine if there are any issues or damage requiring professional attention. Our recommendations for treatment will always be thoughtful and highly personalized for your specific needs and goals.
During the initial exam you can expect to have a full set of diagnostic digital radiographs, photos of individual teeth, digital iTero scan that shows all your teeth, bite, force of your bite, any gum recession and presence of decay
It is recommended to have a follow up exam every 6-12 months. Depending on your condition, the dentist may recommend to take routine xrays every 12-18 months
Why Are Dental Cleanings Important?
A crucial part of your routine dental visit is the cleaning. Our dental cleanings in NYC, like exams, address two primary functions. In this case, it’s about prevention and hygiene.
- Prevention: Cleanings remove dental plaque, a bacterial film that’s constantly forming in the mouth. Even the best brushing and flossing habits can’t entirely prevent plaque. Your regular cleanings also remove plaque’s stubborn evolution, tartar. Removing plaque and tartar helps to protect patients from cavities and the development of periodontal disease.
- Hygiene: Regular cleanings will keep your breath smelling sweeter and smile looking brighter!
- If you have gum disease and you were treated with periodontal therapy, or implants, or are in orthodontic treatment, the American Dental Association recommends prophylactic cleanings every 3-4 months.
Make an Appointment Today
Keep your oral health on track with our dental exams and dental cleanings in NYC. Tribeca Dental Studio is here to support your best smile! Book an appointment with us today!